Our conferences and events are a combination of professional development and networking for primary school teachers, science communicators and businesses in the South West.
Curiosity Boosters – Nov 2019 – March 2020
We’ve just kicked off our teacher and STEM communicator CPD talk series, with the first talk on “The what, why and how of…Electricity and Robotics”. Read more about that event on the blog and keep your eyes peeled for information about the next in the series…
27th June 2019 – Balancing the Primary Curriculum
We gathered together decision makers from local primary schools and STEM industries, to discuss the incorporation of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) subjects in the “broad and balanced” primary school curriculum, and the importance of this in establishing a skilled future workforce.
Hosted at Filton Avenue Primary, the workshop of ideas for the future of the network. Read more about the outcomes here.
2nd February 2019 – Conference
Our 2019 Conference took place at UWE, Bristol and nearly 60 primary school teachers and science communicators were in attendance.
The schedule included:
- a keynote on the state of primary science by Louise Stubberfield from the Wellcome Trust
- three workshops to: build confidence in presenting science, highlight routes of incorporating science in maths and English, and tips on how science capital can be applied in the primary classroom
- networking expo with stands from loads of science communicators in the SouthWest region
- a finale of science “wows” by Matthew Tosh
To read more about the conference go to: https://curiositybristol.net/category/conference-2019/
23rd November 2017 – Conference
Nearly 60 delegates participated in the day at Aerospace Bristol, with:
- a keynote talk from Professor Justin Dillon giving a whistle-stop tour of the opportunities that learning outside the classroom can bring to STEM education
- talks from primary science teachers and education trainers on what teachers need from science communication
- networking under Concorde
- an explosive conclusion by Explorer Dome with their states of matter demo
To read more about the 2017 Conference go: https://curiositybristol.net/category/conference-2017/
17th May 2017 – Curiosity’s first networking event
Curiosity Connections had it’s first networking event at UWE’s Future Space and around 40 teachers, STEM Ambassadors and others with a keen interest gathered to talk STEM activities in primary schools around Bristol.
Read more here: https://curiositybristol.net/2017/05/19/curiosity-connected/