Our conferences are a combination of professional development and networking for primary school teachers and science communicators in the South West.
2nd February 2019
Our 2019 Conference took place at UWE, Bristol and nearly 60 primary school teachers and science communicators were in attendance.
The schedule included:
- a keynote on the state of primary science by Louise Stubberfield from the Wellcome Trust
- three workshops to: build confidence in presenting science, highlight routes of incorporating science in maths and English, and tips on how science capital can be applied in the primary classroom
- networking expo with stands from loads of science communicators in the SouthWest region
- a finale of science “wows” by Matthew Tosh
To read more about the conference go to: https://curiositybristol.net/category/conference-2019/
23rd November 2017
Nearly 60 delegates participated in the day at Aerospace Bristol, with:
- a keynote talk from Professor Justin Dillon giving a whistle-stop tour of the opportunities that learning outside the classroom can bring to STEM education
- talks from primary science teachers and education trainers on what teachers need from science communication
- networking under Concorde
- an explosive conclusion by Explorer Dome with their states of matter demo
To read more about the 2017 Conference go: https://curiositybristol.net/category/conference-2017/
17th May 2017 – Curiosity’s first networking event
Curiosity Connections had it’s first networking event at UWE’s Future Space and around 40 teachers, STEM Ambassadors and others with a keen interest gathered to talk STEM activities in primary schools around Bristol.
Read more here: https://curiositybristol.net/2017/05/19/curiosity-connected/