This is the third installment of topic-focused top tips for home-learning resources and activities. This time we’ve concnentrated on some of the fun biology and chemistry based topics outlined in the curriculum – and there’s lots of opportunities for active learning to keep your pupils engaged from home!
- The Royal Society of Chemistry’s Education website has a dedicated primary area with supporting information linking them to the curriculum and other cross-curricula subjects
- Game Dr has immersive and engaging mobile games and media to educate on science and microbiology – find the links to download the games on this blog post
- Here are some remote learning lesson plans from the Association of Science Education – with some great ones on materials and living things and their habitats
- Why not encourage the whole family to try out this sport science investigation by Science for Families?
- Science Sparks are a great source of hands-on learning – you could set your class exploring gases (safely of course) or having a go at any of these easy chemistry experiments
- And here’s a really fun one about how plants absorb water
Got any great links to share? Or want us to cover another primary topic?