The Leaders Award is a hugely successful, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) competition. Students are challenged to come up with answers to the question:
“If you were an engineer, what would you do?”
Earlier this year over 49,000 young people (aged 3-19) across the UK entered engineering inventions to help solve global problems.
Students will be designated an engineer with relevant experience and interview them to guide them in developing solutions to the problem they want to solve. This will then be graded by the designated engineer, and regional winners are invited to a celebration event in July (2020’s SouthWest event will be held at UWE on 10th July).
And some of the local southwest inventions are now being created by engineering students at UWE!
To help you support your students entering this competition, the Leaders Award provides FREE STEM Teaching & Learning resources, including: Lesson Plans, Curriculum Mapping (for National Curriculum and Curriculum for Excellence), and links to Careers Related Learning outcomes.
Register today and download your FREE resources.
The Leaders Award have taken videos of real engineers – get your kids watching.
And if you want extra help guiding your students through the competition, look no further, the Leaders Award team are offering schools a fantastic opportunity to take part in a fully funded Masterclass session.
The Masterclass will help you to:
- Support your pupils’ progress across the curriculum, including: Art & Design, English, Science, Humanities, Modern Foreign Languages and Design & Technology
- Gain insight into the skills developed through the programmes, including: problem solving, creativity, resilience and logical thinking
- Apply strategic links to Careers Related Learning
- Introduce significant learning theories, to support delivery of the programme
- Gain confidence in your delivery of the programme
- Apply the free learning resources to support your teaching
Leaders Award 2019-2020 Registration Open Now!
Deadline 25th March 2020